Port of Kennewick
350 Clover Island Drive
Kennewick, WA 99336
For More Information:
Larry Peterson, Director of Planning/Development
Telephone (509) 586-1186 x 2
Fax: (509) 582-7678
January 10, 2013
Kennewick, Wash.— Port of Kennewick consultant Duany Plater-Zyberk & Company has completed a DRAFT Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) analysis of alternatives for Vista Field, an airport within the city limits of Kennewick, Washington. The DEIS is available at the Port of Kennewick office at 350 Clover Island Drive, Kennewick, Washington; and is also available online at: www.PortOfKennewick.org/airport/. Comments must be received by 5:00 p.m. February 11, 2013.
Public comments may be submitted:
- via e-mail: VistaField@PortOfKennewick.org
- in writing: Port of Kennewick, 350 Clover Island Drive, Suite 200, Kennewick WA 99336
- in person: Public Hearing January 24, 2013 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Tri-Cities Business & Visitor Center, 7130 W. Grandridge Boulevard, Kennewick, Washington.
Alternatives were developed based upon a community visioning process, stakeholder interviews, and other planning and data sources:
- An Expansion Alternative – expansion of Vista Field airport and adjacent co-development to boost revenue
- A Redevelopment Alternative – phased closure of Vista Field and site redevelopment
- No Action Alternative as required by SEPA – a continuation of the existing Vista Field 2011 Airport Master Plan
The Port of Kennewick is developing and managing assets which foster jobs, improve infrastructure,
and enhance the quality of life for visitors and residents of the port district.