Includes two-for-one moorage, private complimentary screening of Pirates of the Caribbean,
talks by Chip Hanauer,’ The Boat Guy’ and Mark Bunzel and live music and beer garden
BREMERTON, Wash., – On June 14, 2014, marinas around Puget Sound and across the nation will open their doors for National Marina Day, a day to celebrate boating and introduce non-boaters to the boating lifestyle. Last year’s Marina Day at Bremerton Marina was such a success that this year they decided to extend it and make it a weekend-long event and rendezvous. Boaters who choose to arrive on Friday night, June 13th, will be treated to a private complimentary showing of Pirates of the Caribbean at the nearby SEEfilm Theatre (located just two blocks from the marina), post-show live music on-board the historic MV Kirkland in the marina, and free moorage on Saturday night. Saturday is chock full of activities, including presentations from legendary hydroplane racer Chip Hanauer, Waggoner Cruising Guide publisher Mark Bunzel, Bremerton Sail and Power Squadron classes including an all-day course for obtaining a Washington State Boater Education Card, complimentary boat inspections, live music, a beer garden and more.
“Marina Day is such a wonderful celebration of all things boating,” said Jim Rothlin, CEO, Port of Bremerton. “We love showing off our beautiful jewel of a marina and its surrounding vibrant community to boaters and non-boaters alike, and encourage everyone to come join in the festivities.”
Activities and festivities include:
Friday June 13
- Pay for Friday night moorage and receive Saturday free (reservations required, electricity not included)
- Moorage includes complimentary 21+ private showing of Pirates of the Caribbean at SEEfilm Bremerton Cinema (available to the first 75 boaters to register)
- No host VIP Lounge opens at 4:00pm
- Movie showing at 5:00pm
- Live Music on board the historic MV Kirkland in the Bremerton Marina at 8:00pm
Saturday June 14
- Mark Bunzel presentation: 10:30am ̶ 11:30am
- Bunzel, editor and publisher of the Waggoner Cruising Guide, visits about 175 marinas every season to update the Waggoner, often referred to as the “bible for Northwest cruising”. Bunzel will be presenting some of the favorite destinations of the Waggoner Cruising Guide and why you may want to include them on your cruise itinerary.
- Chip Hanauer, The Boat Guy, presentation: 11:30am ̶ 12:30pm
- Hydroplane racing legend and NW boating personality Chip “The Boat Guy” Hanauer expounds the joys of living in the Pacific Northwest and taking advantage of our beautiful waterways. His witty talk, “It’s Not About The Boat, It’s About The Float,” encourages everyone to get out and have fun on the water, regardless of your maritime craft.
- Bremerton Sail and Power Squadron classes
- Knot Tying, Anchoring Techniques, Predicted Log: 10:00am ̶ 11:00am and 1:00pm ̶ 2:00pm
- Working With a Marlinspike, Engine Maintenance, Wisdom for Women Boaters:11:00am ̶ Noon and 2:00pm ̶ 3:00pm
- Docking in Strong Currents: 12:30 ̶ 1:30pm
- An all-day boater education class will be taught from 9:00am to 4:00pm. State law requires operators of motorboats with 15 horsepower or greater to take a safety education class and obtain a boater education card. Taught by certified instructors this course will prepare you to pass the state exam. Advanced registration is required by contacting the marina office. A fee of $45 applies to this class.
- Children’s Sea Life Touch Tank – 10:00am ̶ 11:00am and 2:00pm ̶ 3:00pm
- Get acquainted with our neighbors here in Puget Sound. Scuba divers will be in the water giving demonstrations.
- Scuba diving in Puget Sound – divers onsite will share their secret hot spots
- Beer garden onboard the historic MV Kirkland: Noon–4:30pm
- Live music: 3:00pm–4:30pm
All Day – Beginning at 10:00am
- Tour a Coast Guard 45′ Incident Response Ship, police boats from Port Orchard, Bainbridge Island, Kitsap County Sheriff, and State of Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Food samples, merchandise and dining offers from local restaurants
- Boat Open House – View 20 new and used boats from Ranger Tug and Emerald City Yachts
- Vessel safety checks by Bremerton Sail and Power Squadron
For a complete list of the weekend’s events visit: www.BremertonMarina.com
Bremerton Marina gratefully acknowledges the support of its sponsors of Marina Day: City of Bremerton, Ranger Tugs, SeeFilm Bremerton, Hampton Inn and Suites, Bremerton Bar & Grill, Fred Meyer and Emerald City Yachts.
About Bremerton Marina:
Located on Sinclair Inlet, our state of the art marina offers 220 permanent slips available on a month to month basis as well as room for 100 visiting boaters. For more information please visit our website at http://www.portofbremerton.org/marinas/bremerton or our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/BremertonMarina. We can also be contacted at 360-373-1035.
Marina Operations Manager, Bremerton Marina
360-373-1035, Ext. 221