Greater Spokane Incorporated
Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
April 30, 2015
Greater Spokane Incorporated (GSI) is soliciting Statements of Qualifications for professional planning services to prepare a Strategic Business Plan to support the consideration of creating a Port Authority in Spokane County pursuant to RCW 53.04.
Submittals are due no later than 5:00 PM, Friday, May 22, 2015 to:
801 W Riverside
Spokane, Washington 99201
GSI requests that responses to this request be submitted in pdf form and in hard copy form (6 copies). Late responses will not be accepted. Questions may be directed to Robin Toth by email only.
- Background: GSI is leading a community effort to assess the community’s support for creating a new Port Authority under RCW 53.04 within the Spokane County. GSI has partnered with the following agencies and organizations in this effort:
- Spokane County
- City of Spokane
- Avista Corp.
- IEDS Logistics
- CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
- Inland Northwest AGC
- S. Bank
- Greater Spokane Incorporated
- Community Colleges of Spokane
Critical to that effort is the development of a strategic business plan that addresses the forecasted activities, authorities, construction, financing and development of a new Port Authority consistent with Washington’s regulatory environment, as well as the needs of the community. Critical to the effort will be the consideration of the existing Spokane Airport and its treatment in the forecasted strategic business plan.
Greater Spokane Incorporated (GSI) works to create something greater for the Spokane Region by growing jobs and business investments. We partner with the local business community and partners throughout the region in support of a healthy and vibrant environment in which to live, work, learn and do business.
GSI is funded by more than 1,200 private-sector member investors, Spokane County, Washington State, and the cities of Spokane, Spokane Valley, Liberty Lake, Cheney, Airway Heights, Deer Park, Millwood and Medical Lake.
- Tentative Schedule
May 4, 2015 RFQ Issued
May 22, 2015 SOQ Submitted
May 26 to 29, 2015 Interviews if Requested (in Spokane)
June 15, 2015 Contract Executed and Project Initiated
November 30, 2015 Project Completed
- General Qualifications
Proposers must have demonstrated experience in the working details of a Washington Port Authority; have a clear understanding of the regulatory authority governing port districts; understand the financial structure of municipal governments, airports and ports in Washington; have a working knowledge of the community ambitions and vision for greater Spokane; be able to develop strategic approaches to complex challenges; have the skills to effectively facilitate community discussion; and the ability to communicate findings in a variety of graphic and written mediums.
- Qualification Responses should be less than 12 pages total (excluding the cover letter).
Please include the following information:
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Qualifications
- Name address and phone number of the firm(s)
- List of similar relevant projects. (GSI may ask for sample work products)
- Names of individual project team members, professional experience and education. (Bios)
- Three references of similar work, including name and phone numbers of contact persons.
- General Approach
- General approach to how the work will be accomplished. Please provide sufficient level of detail to convey the general approach; a detailed approach is unnecessary for the Statement of Qualifications Response. The actual scope will be negotiated between GSI and the successful firm. That negotiation will result in a project budget and a more detailed set of deliverables.
- A proposed schedule for completion of the Report (if differing from GSI’s tentative schedule).
- Right to Reject Qualifications Responses
In evaluating the submittals and selecting a consultant, GSI reserves the right to:
- Amend the Request for Qualifications.
- Not award a contract for requested services.
- Waive any irregularities or informalities in any proposal.
- Accept the proposal deemed to be the most beneficial to the community and GSI’s partner agencies.
- Cost of preparation of the Statements of Qualifications
All costs of preparing these RFQ responses, attending interviews that may be requested and developing a more detailed scope of work shall be borne by the proposing consultants.
- Professional Services Agreement
The consultant awarded the contract to develop the strategic business plan shall be required to enter into a Professional Services Agreement with GSI.
- Professional Liability Insurance
The selected consultant shall have and maintain a commercial professional liability policy of limits of $500,000 per claim/$1,000,000 annual aggregate, and which shall protect GSI from liability or other negligence.