OCTOBER 22, 2014

BUDGET/FINANCES 

Port officials get clearer picture of what Willow Grove Park purchase might entail The Port of Longview would undertake up to $600,000 in improvements to Willow Grove Park, but it also may triple the size of a dredge disposal area there if it decides to buy the park from Cowlitz County, according to a study the port released this week.

 

MISC 

Censured Port of Olympia commissioners bite back  Fallout continues to spread from a resolution passed by the Port of Olympia criticizing the Port of Grays Harbor and the City of Hoquiam over three proposed oil terminals.

 

TRADE 

Port of Seattle cargo traffic down from year agoPort of Tacoma has handled 59.1 percent of container traffic between the two ports, while the Port of Seattle has seen the other 40.9 percent. 

Tacoma port cargoes best since 2005It’s taken nine years, but the Port of Tacoma’s terminals handled more than 225,000 container units last month for the first time since September 2005.

Bill Virgin: Global trade web is rich with Tacoma-Seattle interestsWe’ve been so immersed in the business of wondering how we’re going to run the ports of Tacoma and Seattle that we’ve paid scant attention to what’s happening with the economies of the countries that are supposed to be sending (and to a lesser extent receiving) all the stuff those ports are supposed to be handling.

 

 

TRANSPORTATION 

Study: Invest $7 billion in state transport needs, $42 billion in benefits will come to Washington stateThe payback from state transportation investments will yield a sixfold payback: $42 billion in economic benefits from $7 billion invested.

Contact Form Powered By : XYZScripts.com